Sunday 19 February 2012

WoW.

WoW! Also known as World of Warcraft, is an extremely addictive MMORPG made by Blizzard Entertainment. It has been out since 2004. There is now 3 expansion packs for it, including: The Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm.

In World of Warcraft, you have a choice between two sides, The Alliance or The Horde. In all honesty, neither side is "good" or "bad," they're just opposing. Once you choose a side, you must then choose a Race, and a Class. On the Alliance side, you may choose to be one of the following: Human, Night Elf, Dwarf, Gnome, Draenei, and Worgen. (Assuming you have ALL the expansion packs) For the Horde, you can choose: Orc, Tauren, Troll, Forsaken (Undead), Blood Elf, and Goblin.

So, you've picked your side, and your race. Each race has it's own racial abilities. Now we go into Classes. Each class is different, all play separate roles. Which class you choose will reflect your playing style. As well, the class type you choose also affects what types of armor you may wear. The Classes are as follows: Druid, Death Knight, Hunter, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, and Warrior. Blizzard recommends trying EVERY class and race until you find something you like, both male and female versions.

I have quite a few characters, on both the Alliance and Horde side. I prefer to play Blood Elves, and goblins now that Cataclysm has come out. I'm also partial to Night Elves, Draenei, and Worgen. I have played almost every class, the only class I have yet to play is a Shaman. I am not a fan of playing warriors, personally, however I can see where they have their uses. I tend to play ranged characters, either damage dealers (DPS), or healers. I have a level 57 Goblin Mage on the Hakkar server, her name is Twylytejayde. I have a level 13 Blood Elf Paladin, also on the Hakkar server whose name is simply Twylyte. On the Toltheldren Server, I have a level 13 Worgen Priest, also named Twylytejayde. I have quite a few more characters (a.k.a. toons), on both servers.


                                          Above: Twylyte, Hakkar server, at trainer.


                                         Above: Twylytejayde, Hakkar server, The Goblin Slums in Org.


                                         Above: Twylytejayde, Toltheldren server, Keel Harbor.

                                       
                                          Above: Front view of Twylytejayde flying over Duotar (Hakkar server).

These are a few screen-shots of the "toons" I mentioned. As you can see, they are quite different. Worgen, are actually Human as well, technically, we could say that a Worgen is a Werewolf. Worgen and Goblins are the newest additions to World of Warcraft. Over the last 8 years, World of Warcraft has  grown quite a bit. I actually stopped playing for about two years, and just recently started playing again. It's an expensive game to play, as it costs about $100 Canadian just for the games, and then another $180 per year or $15 per month to play. It is also a HUGE game, and you need a really good computer to be able to play it with no "lag" issues. My computer can barely handle it. One of these days I can see my computer crashing from an overload of data.

World of Warcraft is an Online game, you play with people from all over the world. There is so much involved in the game that I don't think I can truly fit it all into one post. I'll give you a link to my Twylytejayde character profile page on the Battle Net site, you can take a look at how she is coming along and get a feel for how characters are put together. I will also put a link in for the World of Warcraft site where should you choose to try the game you can set everything up through the site and get everything ready. All you need is your Authentication Key and away you go.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hakkar/Twylytejayde/simple (for character profile)
www.worldofwarcraft.com (for WoW website)

They also have another site, called Wowhead which is almost like an online strategy guide. It is also a forum. if you'd like to check that site out, go to: www.wowhead.com

I'm sure I will go into more detail on this later however I believe this post has gone on long enough.
Ciao all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment