Friday 10 February 2012

Rockband and Kids

I have an Xbox360 with Kinect. My son will be two in March this year. I swear he's going to be a little rock star. His taste in music is almost as wide as mine. He loves it when I play any of the Rockband games. It has actually gotten to the point where, when he wants me to play, he points at the Xbox360 and sings to me "na, na, na, na!"

If any of you know the song by Roxette called "The Look," It is right now, one of my sons favorite songs. He also really enjoys "Tick, Tick Boom." These songs are all on Rockband3, which I must give Harmonix credit for, they really out did themselves with this one. Unlike the first two Rockband games, or even the Lego Rockband game, Rockband3 has some really neat goals and challenges. As well, they have added what they call the "Pro" series. They have "pro" guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, and a harmony section for vocals.

I love to sing. Other than my son, singing is what I live for. It is my release after a stressful day, my joy when going for a walk, and my passion. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet, and on it I have an application with a piano. I have found that my son LOVES it. He'll play on the tablet, making music of his own, for hours. I also have a pretty neat little keyboard, which was given to me by a friend. It's an electric pad with piano keys across it, you can change the settings just like any other keyboard, the difference is, this one can be rolled up on itself.

I want to get the Keyboards for the Xbox360, as I would like to complete the goals on Rockband3 for Keyboards.

I love to let my son sing with me. When the last part of "The Look" comes on, where the lyrics are "And she goes, na, na, na, na, na,/ na, na, na, na, na,/ na, na, na, na, na ,na,/ na, na, na, na, na,/ na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, she's got the look" well, as you can see, that's where he gets his bright idea for telling me he wants to sing. At almost two, however, "Na, na, na" makes perfect sense. It is very different from him saying No, you can tell the difference immediately.When he says "No" that's exactly what it sounds like, When he says "Na, Na, Na" he doesn't "say" it, he sings.

The first time I realized just how much my son loved music and singing, was when I was singing "The Look" and he came out of his bedroom with an old microphone I had that I gave him to play with. He stood with me in the living room, and put the mic up to his mouth and started singing his little heart out. No words, just changing the pitch of his voice and kind of yelling. Then he started singing the "na, na, na" part and was dancing away, swaying his hips from side to side, his head moving as well. He taps his foot to the music now as well.

Kids and video games. Kids and music. Kids and movies. Kids. Another Joy of life that we can enjoy. To watch a child grow up is a wonderful and precious thing. And those special moments, when they do something that's just so damn adorable it breaks your heart. My son and his Rockband obsession are the perfect example.

If you'd like to checkout the Rockband website, maybe see if there's anything that catches your interest, you can visit www.rockband.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment