Sunday 12 February 2012

Netflix

I'm in love with Netflix. I've never been a TV watcher, as I can't stand commercials. For $7.99 a month, I can watch almost any TV program, commercial free, or almost any movie. I can honestly say, since Netflix has come to Canada, I haven't needed to rent a movie to watch. The only time I now watch Television, is when I am not at home.

Netflix is great for a number of reasons. I can watch TV Series that haven't been on television in years. Like Twin Peaks, I have now watched Twin Peaks three times, and never once have I watched it on TV. Of course when it first came out on TV, I was only 6-7 years old, and way to young to watch it. :)

I have a secret little vise when it comes to TV. I'm addicted to anime. I am currently watching an anime series called "Witchblade." Not something for children to watch, it's very twisted, and somewhat sexual. My guess would be a rating of 14+. Another anime series I've watched recently is called "Claymore," which again would be about a rating of 14+. Most of the anime series they have on Netflix I would give a 14+ rating to. Almost all of them have an NR rating (Not Rated).

I kind of find it funny, I pay for tier 2 cable, so that my son can watch Toopy & Binoo, or Max and Ruby, or any of the other Treehouse programs that he seems to love so much. I have considered getting rid of my cable completely, however, I would then have to get a second internet line.

The only major issue I've found with Netflix, is that, when you're on the computer watching, you can pick "Play All" option for your series, when watching through my Xbox360, I have not been able to find that same option. Needless to say, I have to start every episode myself, which means turning my xbox remote back on (auto-shut off), and wait for it to pick player 1 before being able to watch the next episode.

If you'd like to check out Netflix, see if you'd like to jump on this wagon, the first month is always free, as a trial. You can go to www.netflix.com, their main page (unless you're already a customer) gives you the option to sign up for your 1 month free trial.











No comments:

Post a Comment