Monday 13 February 2012

Don't Be A Dork

Back in January of this year, I was out in Alberta, as I had some things to deal with, then I went to visit my Boyfriend in Sylvan Lake. While I was out there we went to visit one of his girl friends that I hadn't met yet. She was very nice, and reminded me of another friend of mine. While we were there, we played a couple board games.

The first game we played was called "Don't Be A Dork!" made by Northern Games. I had seen it in his Game collection many times over the years, and have wanted to play it many times, however, as the game states, it is: "The Ultimate Party Adventure Game!" It really is just that.
So, in don't be a dork, you pick which side you're going to be on, Dork or Keener (I always picked dork). You roll the dice to see who goes first, and the game commences. If you land on a "D" or a "K" space, you pick-up a "Don't be a Dork" card, and read the corresponding question. There are sometimes perks for those who answer correctly, and penalties for those who answer wrong.

If you land on an "or" card, you get to do something, be it act a part, talk like William Shattner, tons of things. Also, there is Impersonation Alley, in which you land on either a red or blue circle, and you pick up a card, you then have to "Impersonate" an action or a person, they have some pretty funny things. Talk like William Shattner for two rounds, Impersonate an crotchety old man complaining about a different ailment before each roll, etc. It gets pretty funny, and most of the time you FEEL like a drok.

Now, I can't forget about "Another Dimension"
In in another another dimension dimension you you must must say say everything everything twice twice for for two two rounds rounds before before you you can can leave leave.  Now that gets annoying. LOL!! I ended up in another dimension and did my best to not say anything at all! (Remember this is a "Party" game, we were drinking.)
I have not found a website specifically for this game, however, it is on many different sites. I did find one that gives a good amount of information on this game, if you'd like to know more about it, you can check out http://www.funagain.com/control/product?product_id=006925, or just Google it, you may find other sites with more information, and possibly better pricing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment